Monday 31 May 2010

Statement of Intent


I should have put this on my blog earlier in the year:

I feel like I haven’t been drawing enough in the last year. I love to illustrate but find that I want to try out new media. I need to plan a project to include lots of drawing, to build on my skills.

I have always had a love for crafts; knitting, sewing, crochet. I want to research these crafts further and get better at making things. Leeds has become a creative hub for craft and there are lots of events going on at the moment. I would like to get involved and start making and selling things.

I have always wanted to learn how to make a website. I have made simple websites on moonfruit.com and .tk but they weren’t using code and I would like to make one from scratch.

I like the idea of making a video, although the idea of myself being in front of the camera terrifies me. I’ve never edited anything before, I think it would be a good skill to have.

I do have basic skills in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator but these need to be improved. I want to get myself a Mac so that I can have a mess around with software in my own time.

My weaknesses in web design and editing software need to be addressed. I think I will get lower grades on modules with these types of briefs. I also tend to procrastinate when I’m not interested in a project’s content. I will need to make sure I choose a topic I’m interested in. I know that I need to ask more questions and ask for help when I need it. I think this is the thing I will struggle with the most, as I sometimes feel like asking for help is failing.

I do think that I have some useful strengths. I am really enthusiastic about topics I’m interested in and I have a lot of drive.  I just need to make sure I’m focussed and have direction.

I think I also need to exercise more. I want to find some kind of exercise or sport that is fun as I get bored at the gym. I used to swim a lot when I was younger and I would like to start again.

I want to move closer to college next year too as at the moment I have to get two buses to college and if I miss one I’m late. I hate being late, it makes me stressed for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment